Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tangerine Tango Wall

Now I can never be accused of being afraid of color.  In the upstairs loft, I painted the low accent wall a very bright orange.


A few months ago I read an article on the 2012 Pantone color of the year as being "Tangerine Tango." The idea of this great color stuck with me while selecting paint colors.

The paint + tinted primer has the consistency of concession stand nacho cheese.
I've seen Tangerine Tango in many home design catalogs and new spring clothes.



As I painted the accent wall, BF walked over and inspected my work.  His first reaction?...


BF, "Whoa, are we big Gator fans?"
TMF, "What are you talking about?...Oh."
BF, "Yeah."
TMF, "Don't worry, it'll dry darker."

It never crossed my mind how the Tango Tangerine may appear as the University of Florida's orange.

To BF's credit, the blue painter's tape added to the Gator look.  

I'm sure our UF friends will love the color while our FSU friends will cringe when visiting.  Either way, I love my Tangerine Tango accent wall.  I can't wait to add a shiny white computer desk and shiny white storage cubes.  



No comments:

Post a Comment