Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Good to Know: Where to Shut Off Water

TMF in the master bathroom...

TMF, "Hmm.  I think I hear BF yelling.  He's probably yelling at Bailey to get out of his way." 
A few seconds pass...
TMF, "Oh no, he's yelling for me."
BF, "I need your help!"

We just finished installing the hardwood floors in the kitchen/dining/living room area.  To add to the weekend's accomplishments, BF wanted to install the new refrigerator.  Before plugging in the refrigerator, he needed to connect the water line from the valve to the refrigerator. 
I ran into the kitchen to find BF holding and covering the water valve with his hands.  My first thought was, "Oh no!  The new floors!"

BF, "I need you to shut off the water!  Do you remember where the handle is?"
Thank goodness he had the good sense to show me when we first bought the house.

TMF, "Ummm, okay!"  And I run off.

For some godly reason, I actually remembered where the shut-off handle to the main line was located.  When I arrived, I discovered green bushes blocking my way.  I forgot BF replanted the bushes to hide the air conditioning compressor.  I took a deep breath.  I broke through the bushes with the branches scratching my arms.


TMF, "Okay!  Righty-tighty, lefty-loosy!"  I turned the handle.  Pause, nothing moved.  Apparently it was my other right. 

I ran back inside and asked, "Did it work?"
BF, "Yes, the pressure is gone, but now I need a something for the water that's still coming out."
I quickly glanced around the room.  I dumped out a nearby small trash can and handed it to BF. 

Whew!  I slowly sank down onto the floors and shook my head.
BF, "What?"
TMF, "I was in the bathroom!"

No comments:

Post a Comment