Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Trowel Differences

TMF playing with fire, "Do you need anything from Lowe's?"
BF, "Can you buy me a new trowel for when I glue the floors?"
TMF, "Sure!"
BF, "Did you know there are different kinds of trowels?"
TMF, "Oh no."

BF explained how there are different trowels types for different uses.  He goes on to say he needs a V-shaped teeth measuring 3/16 by blah blah blah.  Whenever I hear technical numbers, Charlie Brown's teacher's voice enters my head. 

TMF, "Can you text me the specifics?"
BF, "I can do you one better."
This is what he sent to my phone.  He even spread the glue to point to the exact model.  Nice, huh?


I noticed BF would painstakingly use a utility knife to scrape off the residual glue.  The process of removing the dried glue would take up to 30 minutes.  To make things easier for BF, I decided to buy a couple of trowels.


When I arrived at Lowe's flooring department, my task became more difficult.  There were trowels available at a range of prices.  Can a $3 trowel really be different than a $13 trowel?  The answer is yes.

I splurged and bought the most expensive trowel and a very cheap one.  As he started spreading the glue with the expensive new trowel, I asked,

TMF, "Can you tell a difference between the trowels?"
BF, "Definitely between the old and new one.  I didn't realize the glue could dull the teeth so easily."

The revelation came when BF started to scrape off the old glue to start a new day of laying floors. 

BF, "The expensive trowel is definitely worth the price.  Watch this."

BF proceeded to easily pull off the old glue with his fingers.  The expensive trowel is made of chrome, which makes peeling off glue so easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment