Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

Doh! I Missed a Spot

When ordering our kitchen cabinets, BF picked two different sizes.  The kitchen features 9-foot ceilings except for the area underneath a soffit.  30-inch cabinets were ordered to fit underneath the soffit.  36-inch cabinets were ordered for the rest of the kitchen. 


I'll admit, I am lazy.  I didn't want to paint the entire kitchen.  My logic told me only a small portion of the wall would be visible.  The rest would be covered by the refrigerator, wall cabinets and backsplash. 
BF realized the bottoms of the 30-inch and 36-inch cabinets needed level with each other after he hung all of them. 

Again, my original logic told me the 36-inch cabinets would be hung as high on the wall as possible, flush with the ceiling.  I didn't want any empty space between the top of the cabinet and the ceiling. 

As BF rehung the 36-inch cabinets, I realized my lazy mistake.  Doh!  There's no hiding it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment