Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pantry Face Lift

When BF started the home renovations, he converted the small kitchen pantry into his tool storage closet.  The pantry morphed into the catch-all for all random renovation supplies.  Because of how quickly renovations began after we purchased the house, the pantry was never thoroughly cleaned. 
As I mentioned before, the previous tenants weren't the cleanest people.  Not to be outdone by the laundry closet, the pantry's shelves were furrier (sp?) with dirt, dust, ash and other gross particles.  Despite being cost conscious, there was no way I was cleaning and using these shelves. 


I wanted to throw up when I discovered this little gem.  Unfortunately this "insect trap and monitor" was hiding in a corner before I could remove it months ago. 
Since they're next to each other, I wanted to coordinate the pantry's walls with the laundry closet.  I selected the medium shade of yellowish green featured in the laundry closet's chevron stripes
BF is anti-wire shelf.  He hates them so much he references Faye Dunaway's performance as Joan Crawford in "Mommy Dearest." 

We went for a more stream-lined look with melamine shelves.  As BF installed the new shelves, we were again reassured at how nothing in an older house is level.  Some shelves installed very easily, while others required the use of a mallet. 












Despite the furry shelves, insect trap, excessive bleach use and unlevel walls, I am very happy with the pantry.  Bailey wishes he were taller so he can reach his doggie treats. 





No comments:

Post a Comment