Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Island Life

I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but I am convinced a man designed this house.  Only a man would design a house without closet space and an oddly shaped kitchen.  (I apologize to male readers if I unintentionally insulted you.)

The kitchen was designed to have the range installed in the middle.  Since the previous tenants didn't properly take of the house, BF demolished the existing island. 

Before the installation of salvaged granite countertops occured, BF created a new island. 


 When selecting our new cabinets, BF chose two small options for the sides of the range.  I love having a sliding spice rack and storage for my cutting boards and cooling racks. 
BF and I agreed the island would look nice if it was extended a little farther.  I didn't want anything fancy.  Plus I wanted it to be easy and quick for BF.  I think the simple design looks fantastic. 

Perhaps this can be Bailey's future "Thunder spot."  Poor guy is terrified of thunder and fireworks.  He likes feeling snug and comfortable against a wall.

The countertop guys did a great job of matching different pieces.  The seams are barely noticable.  I'm sure I sound strange when describing how much I enjoy running my fingers across the countertops. 

No comments:

Post a Comment