Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Drywall Puzzle Piece

BF, “Why are you closing your eyes?”
TMF, “I’m scared you’ll cut my fingers.”
BF, “Really?”
TMF, “Yes, really!”

After BF ripped out the staircase, there was a very oddly shaped gap in the wall.  We debated on whether to hire a professional drywall company or for BF to do it himself. 


Personally I wanted to hire a professional because I considered the job to be difficult.  If filling in the drywall gap was badly finished, it would be really noticeable.
As expected, BF wanted to fit the drywall puzzle piece himself. 
There were a few trial and error fits with the puzzle piece.  BF would cut the drywall, but it wouldn't have a smooth fit. 
My least favorite part of the drywall puzzle piece was when he asked me to hold up the puzzle piece in wall gap with both hands.  This gave him the opportunity to shape and cut the puzzle piece with a sharp utility knife.  I held my breath and closed my eyes every time the utility knife inched closer and closer to my hands. 
BF, “Your squeaking and yelps aren’t helping me.”
TMF, “Are you done yet?!?!”

No comments:

Post a Comment