Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Last Supper Wall

BF, “What color do you want to paint the Last Supper Wall?”
TMF, “I want to use the blue color; same as the other blue wall.”

 
I’m not sure where the miscommunication occurred.  When I walked into the living room, BF was painting the edges the color I reserved for the foyer.  

TMF, “What are you doing?  That’s the wrong color!”
BF, “What are you talking about?  Did you want this color for the Last Supper wall?”
TMF, “No, no, no!  I told you I wanted it blue!”


To distinguish the wall from the others, we aptly named it after the painting hung by the previous tenants.  The previous tenants didn’t strike me as being strongly religious.  Perhaps they’re admirers of Leonardo da Vinci or Renaissance art? 
If you’re wondering why I didn’t paint the Last Supper Wall myself, I confess I am terrified of heights and shaky ladders.  After nearly falling off the ladder while painting a high wall, I swore I’d never paint standing on an eight foot ladder again. 

BF took up the task after I begged and pleaded.  He thought I was behaving like a scared baby by not wanting to climb the ladder.  I didn’t care. 

No comments:

Post a Comment