Pages

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Off the Map

I'm not quite sure where I developed my fondness for maps.  One reason may be to my complete lack of navigation skills.  I am horrible at reading maps.  I'm lucky to be able to figure out which way is north.  My horrible sense of direction is probably why I like using maps as artwork at home and work. 

My latest venture in home decorating includes these neat maps.  I recently read a Jacksonville Magazine article on Jenna Sue.  I was instantly drawn to her simple designs and lovely color options.  I also liked the idea of supporting a local artist/business.  


To add to the Jacksonville theme, these old frames have been sitting in a box for months.  While cleaning out a storage closet at work, I came across some old marketing pieces.  The prints were dated circa 1991 and taking up precious storage space.  

I could tell the frames and mattes were high quality.  I decided to reuse every part of the old frame except for the dark red inner matte.  I didn't have the heart to remove the actual print ad.  Instead the maps were gently taped on the backside of the foam board.  

BF, "You DO know our house isn't on these maps, right?"
TMF, "Yes, I know but I still love them!"

BF insisted on pointing out the fact our house is located below the area where the map cuts off.  Whatever.  Details, details.  The maps are still beautiful.  Who cares that our house is off the map?


No comments:

Post a Comment