Pages

Friday, March 22, 2013

Farewell Unwelcoming Door


We finally have a new kitchen door.  When we moved into the house, I was a little perturbed at the glass door leading from the kitchen to the carport.  I’m neither a recluse nor an exhibitionist.  I prefer to have a little privacy between me and the outside world. 


The previous door featured a full length panel of clear glass.  I think a full glass panel is great for internal doors or doors leading to the backyard or patio.  If a pedestrian or cyclist stopped to view the house, they could stare straight into the kitchen.  This is the reason why I used blue painter’s tape to hang brown construction paper to cover the door’s glass window.  Nothing is more unwelcoming than seeing taped up windows.  

BF found this steel door on sale at Lowe’s.  It’s the best of both worlds.  The smaller window lets in light while offering privacy with the inset mini-blinds.  

The door tested BF's Tetris skills with fitting in the back of my SUV.  I thought we would have to drive home with the back window open, but I was wrong.  I love riding with my car seat adjusted fully towards the glove compartment.
 
Swoosh!  The mini-blinds are closed and no one can see in.  

Swish!  Let there be light.


Squeek.  Peek out and spy on the neighbors.  Just kidding. 


No comments:

Post a Comment