Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Azalea Time

It's February in Northeast Florida.  That means it's AZALEA time!

When I was younger, I didn't like these flowering bushes.  The bright fuchsia color made me think they looked cheap.  Now I love them, especially since I don't have contribute any effort to take care of them.  

During most of the year, there are only green leaves on the azalea bushes' branches.  But in February and March, there's an explosion of color.  We're very fortunate to have several bushes in our yard.  I love them because they provide free flowers for the house.


In the future we want to create a wall to lessen the road noise and to increase privacy.  It may look something like this.  I hope the azalea bushes will still bloom despite not having the same amount of sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment