Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

Pile of Rocks

BF,  "Go outside and look at my truck!"
TMF,  "Why is the back end sagging?"
TMF,  "What are we going to do with all of those rocks?  Where did they come from?"

BF recently volunteered at an adult home for men with mental disabilities.  In addition to spreading mulch, the volunteers cleared debris from a torn down fireplace.  When learning the fireplace debris was going to be taken to the local landfill, BF offered to take the rocks himself.

The group leader asked what BF planned to do with the rocks.  He answered, "I plan to use them for an outdoor fire pit."  The group leader was so pleased to hear the rocks going to good use.  Due to the threat of injury, the home's volunteers were forced to remove the fireplace.  

I'm sorry I didn't snap a picture of BF's truck before we unloaded the rocks.  I was so shocked to see how low the truck bed sagged.  It took us nearly 20 minutes to move the rocks from the truck to the backyard.  

I'm not sure how the outdoor fire pit will be designed.  Its vision is all in BF's mind.  It's current form is in a big pile of unorganized rocks.  

1 comment:

  1. OMG, s'mores! I love how granola Brendan is w/ the 'up-cycling'..would fit in so well in Seattle ;)

    ReplyDelete