Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

Need for Speed & a Sound Bar

During the first four years of our marriage, BF and I lived in a duplex and townhouse. In those days, window-shattering and floor-shaking sound systems weren't options. Despite our neighbors' obliviousness and rudeness, we were respectful by not installing a sub woofer and additional speakers. Now we have a house that sits on a large lot.

BF and my dad share a fondness for home theater equipment. Although I don't encourage my parents' shopping habits, I was very pleased with my dad's recent gift to us. The sound bar replaces the need to have speakers installed in each corner of the room. Because they enjoy gifting us with household items, an extra sub woofer and older large receiver were all part of the package.  

I warily stared at the sub woofer and receiver. I could deal with the sound bar sitting on the TV stand, but the two other large black boxes were eyesores. Where were they going to live? BF knew if he couldn't hide at least one of the black boxes, I'd force him to get rid of the other.  

BF cut a hole in the back of the TV stand and the receiver fit!   With a quick run to the store for extra cables, BF was in business. He immediately started searching through the list of movies on Netflix and Hulu. 

While getting ready for bed, I heard snippets of Captain America, Transformers, Equilibrium and other random action movies. As I started brushing my teeth I heard a familiar song. The opening theme of Top Gun blasted loudly through the house and I couldn't help but roll my eyes.  

TF, "Out of all the movies you can choose from, you pick Top Gun?"
BF, "Come on!  It's TOP GUN."
TF, "Really? Kenny Loggins?"
BF, "The sound is pretty awesome."
I secretly agreed with him.  There's nothing like hearing the roar of jets flying by. NAS JAX isn't too far from our house.  I love feeling the rumble of bass from the sub woofer.  I just hope our neighbors don't complain.  

No comments:

Post a Comment