Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Thumbnail Hole

WARNING:  The following post features images that may not be suitable to readers who are squeamish...


I'm not sure if it was the start of the 2012 NFL season or the slightest temperature drop, but BF was pumped to install the kitchen cabinets. 

When I asked if he wanted to wait for an extra pair of capable hands (someone other than myself), he answered no.  He was determined to start hanging the wall cabinets by himself. 

Although I helped by simply holding one cabinet in its place, BF used a support beam to help install the wall cabinets. 




I can't recall at what specific cabinet the accident occurred, but I do remember the yell of pain when BF pierced a hole through his thumb's fingernail. 

Yikes!  After I grabbed a paper towel, I pulled the plug to turn off the work lamp. 

BF, "What are you doing?"
TMF, "What do you mean?  You're not going to keep on working, are you?"
BF, "Of course I am.  Turn the light back on."
TMF, "You're kidding."
BF, "You want a kitchen, don't you?"

Sigh, I'm not sure how long it will take his thumb nail to heal, but I'm sure it won't be a pretty process.

No comments:

Post a Comment