Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

Jig Brilliance

TF,  "Will you install the kitchen cabinet door handles this weekend?"
BF, "Yup.  Looks like I need to create a jig."
TF, "A jig? Why would you need to use a jig? I didnʼt think you need to worry about right angles."
BF, "Iʼll show you."
When installing multiple door handles, I figured using a level was the most important tool.  I was wrong.  BF nailed leftover wood pieces to create a new jig. After watching him clamp the jig onto the doors, I understood.


The jig creates a perfect template. The jig lines up in the same position on every cabinet. Now I donʼt have to worry about the door handles being crooked.

BF, "Now, do you see the brilliance of the jig?!?!?
TF, "Yeah, yeah. I see its brilliance."
BF, "Come on! Itʼs pretty cool."
TF, "Yeah, yeah."
BF, "Boom! Look at that! Itʼs EVEN sexy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment