Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

IKEA: Round #2

BF, "The sink cabinet is too big."
TMF, "Are you serious?  We have to exchange it?"
BF, "It'll be a really tight fit if you don't."
TMF, "Can we go to IKEA together?  I can't move this stuff by myself."
BF, "I can't take off any time from work."
TMF, "WHAT?"
Thank goodness for friends who are involved in semi-long distant relationships.  My friend Courtney agreed to meet me at Orlando's IKEA while visiting her boyfriend.  Without her help, there was no way I could move the porcelain sink and its cabinet by myself.

I also want to thank BF's parents.  They let us keep the IKEA purchases in their storage shed.  Calvin was extremely helpful in transferring the larger sink/cabinet from the shed to the truck.   What can I say?  I am helpless when it comes to moving things. 

Just our luck, it was the windiest day of the year throughout the state of Florida.  

Through a lot of laughter, flying hair, flying tarps, pushing and pulling, we returned the larger sink/cabinet and purchased and loaded the smaller sink/cabinet in the truck.


Our crazy laughter drew the attention of a nearby amused shopper and she offered to snap a few pictures for us. 

Whew!  Afterwards, we headed towards the cafe for Swedish meatballs, stuffed salmon and lingonberry juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment