Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Two Shades of Green

Staring at the newly painted second floor guest room...

BF, "What's wrong?"
TMF, "I think I wasted a day's worth of work by painting the walls two colors, but they look the same."
A few moments pass...
BF, "I think you're right."
TMF, "I'm also beginning to think it's too much green."
A few more moments pass...
BF, "I think you're right."
TMF sighs, "I'm off to the store to buy more paint."

I originally planned to paint two different shades of pale sage green.  I painted one section, waited two days, taped off the edges and painted the second section with the paler green.  

Although the shades of green appeared different on the sample card, they looked too similar afterwards to notice a difference.  

Then I started painting the slanted ceiling/walls.  During the middle section near a skylight, I stopped to realize it was too much green.  Now I'm off to another trip to the Lowe's paint department.  Is it bad how some employees recognize me as soon as I walk inside the store? 

No comments:

Post a Comment