Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

Shower Door

The selection of Lowe’s in-stock shower doors didn't have I really wanted.  Many appear as if they belong in an RV or mobile home.  I wanted a shower door that looks clean, sleek and simple. 

Did you know clean, sleek and simple also means expensive?  I poured through several websites and decided to make it easy by ordering a shower door from Lowe's website. 
 

BF, “I’m at Lowe’s picking up the shower door you ordered.”
TMF, “Okay…”
BF, "There’s another door marked at the clearance price of only $100."
TMF, “What’s wrong with it?”
I specifically asked BF to bring over BOTH doors so I could make an easy comparison.  He brought over ONLY the clearance priced door.
As you guessed it, I didn’t like the cheaper door.  I wanted to like it.  I tried to convince myself to like it.  But I didn’t like it.
I thought I could get past the light bronze frame, but I really preferred the silver.  I thought I could get past the striped textured glass.  I realized I like the clear glass more.  The only aspect I liked was the price, but the lower price wasn’t enough.  BF ended up driving back to Lowe’s to make the exchange. 

No comments:

Post a Comment