Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Dark Side of Gray-Purple

Phone conversation the morning after I finished painting:
TMF, "Is it purple?  I don't want it to be purple.  Is it purple?  Is it PURPLE?!?!"
BF, "Well, no not really."
TMF, "That means it's purple!"

Camera Flash
No Camera Flash





















While picking out paint color for the master bedroom, I feared I would accidentally choose a shade of gray that was too dark.  I wanted to a similar shade, but not the same, as the Spanish Tile wallpaper

Instead of dark, I chose light.  The sample card looked as if it was a pale silver-gray.  Wrong!  It dried to a pale purple-lavender.

I know I should have bought a small sample can and tested a small section, but I wanted instant gratification. I paid the price. 

As the drywall guys finished the ceilings, Rafael walked inside the room to inspect his work in the master bathroom.















TMF, "I painted this room after you left yesterday. I'm afraid it looks purple."
Rafael stares at the wall, gives a long pause and in a diplomatic voice says, "Yeah a little."
TMF sighs, "I have to buy more paint now."

After I finish the first coat of the dark gray, BF walks in and says,

BF, "Whoa, is this the new color?"
TMF, "Yes it is!"
BF, "It's so dark."
Same paint color as above but different lighting


















BF, "I liked the old color better."
TMF, "I don't care, I like it and I'm not painting it again."


BF, "I feel as if I'm in Bam Margera's house."
TMF points finger at the door, "Get out of here."

No comments:

Post a Comment