Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Bay Waves to Polished Silver

Phone conversation during work hours...
TMF, "I have something to ask you, but you can't be mad."
BF, "Uh oh, what is it?"
Long pause
TMF very quietly,"Uh...I want to repaint the living and dining room."

BF, "Wow, really?  You almost gave me a heart attack.  I thought something was really wrong."
TMF, "Well, I didn't want you to be mad at me for repainting another room again."
BF, "As long as I can go fishing Friday night, I don't care." 

After the debacle of the dark purple/gray paint in the master bedroom, I was terrified of selecting the wrong color for the living/dining room.

I originally wanted a pale shade of gray-ish blue.  I chickened out and bought a five gallon bucket of the paler shade named Bay Waves.
I should have gone with my gut feeling.  I should have selected the next shade up, but I painted two coats of Bay Waves.

For a week, I walked around, stared at the walls and contemplated whether I should re-paint.  After visiting the Jacksonville Downtown Main Library, I knew I had another weekend of painting.  The library's interior walls were the inspiration for my original color choice. 

Fortunately I had a great experience at the Lowe's paint department.  They added more color to the remaining 3 1/2 gallons of existing semi-gloss paint.  Duane perfectly matched my new color choice of Polished Silver.  This was done free of charge.  I wanted to reach across the counter and give Duane a big hug.  I stopped myself.   


To make things more interesting, I decided to keep some of the old/lighter color and painted stripes. 



I thought about painting a neat chevron pattern.  Then I realized this wall wasn't high enough.  Oh well.  Maybe in another room.


No comments:

Post a Comment