Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Silver Spiral Staircase

A few months ago, I thought the plan was to powder coat the spiral staircase.  After asking for a few estimates, we learned powder coating the staircase would be more expensive than the actual staircase. 

I'm not saying powder coating is expensive and we did buy the staircase at a salvage yard, but BF wanted a less expensive alternative.

Our alternative was to paint the staircase with the paint sprayer.  I say "our" when I really mean "his." 

BF, "What color do you want to paint the staircase?"
TMF, "Hmmm...I would like it to be silver."
BF, "Like gray?"
TMF, "No, silver.  As in metallic silver."

BF, "Don't you want a crazy color like bright red or orange?"
TMF, "No!  I want silver.  As in a brushed nickel or aluminum."
BF, "Come on.  A crazy color will be fun."
TMF raises eyebrow.
BF, "I don't think they (the collective 'they') make metallic paint."
TMF, "Oh YES THEY DO!"

I perform a little internet research.  I find most paint brands can be mixed to have a metallic sheen.  BF finds something better.  He discovers the Rust-Oleum Professional Gloss Aluminum paint.  It's awesome!









No comments:

Post a Comment