Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

IKEA: Round #3

I bet you're wondering, "How many times can that crazy girl drive to Orlando to shop at IKEA?"

The answer is, "As many times as it takes!"

Round #3 took place all by myself and on a Friday.  IKEA Shopping during a weekday was heavenly.  I took my sweet *ss time browsing through the showroom.  I was able to travel against the directional arrows and relocate items I placed on the "maybe" list. 

I even noticed the catchy music playing throughout the store.  Then again, how can you miss hearing Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up" when it's being hummed by fellow shoppers?

I bought curtains, curtain rods, trash cans, towel rails and wardrobe accessories.

There were high hopes in attempting to lift the boxes for my new Expedit Workstation.  I laughed at myself when the smaller box barely moved after I pushed and pulled it around the shelf.  Oh well, next time.
The IKEA gods must have been kindly looking down at me because I managed to manuever BF's new Malm dresser onto a flatbed card. 

Then IKEA gods started to have fun as I pushed the cart in the parking lot.  I noticed an IKEA employee climbing into his car.  I assumed he was taking a break at the same time I unloaded the dresser.

The employee had a first row seat in seeing my struggle with the heavy box.  Oh my, I lost count as to how many times I tried to lift and push the box.  I kept thinking, "This is SO embarassing having this guy watch me!"

As soon as a sympathetic shopper asked if I needed help, I miraculously lifted the box and slid it across the truck bed.  Sheesh, great timing.

I'm not sure Bailey enjoys the new dresser as much as BF.  We previously used boxes to store BF's clothes. 
Bailey used the boxes as hidey places for his toys.  Now those boxes are gone...

No comments:

Post a Comment