Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

Why 25?

BF decided to follow his own advice.  He purchased a bag of gloves for the second coat of metallic paint on the spiral staircase.

BF, "Look at the bag."
TMF, "Why?"
BF, "Just look at the bag and tell me what you see."

I stare at the bag for a few seconds.  Then realize what I'm supposed to see.

TMF, "Why are there 25 gloves in the bag?"
BF, "Exactly."
TMF, "That's a strange and odd number."
BF, "Right.  The other choices were a 10-pack or 50-pack."
TMF, "Well that doesn't makes sense."

I minored in economics in college.  It hasn't helped much these days because I don't like deciphering graphs or calculating percentages. 

TMF, "Perhaps they came up with 25 because 26 wouldn't hit the profit margin.  You know, something with the law of diminishing returns."
BF, "Come on."
TMF shrugs, "Then you figure it out!"

I'm not sure if BF is bored or if it's because he's a boy, but he starts playing with one glove. 



He attempts to fit it over his BIG head.  He fails.

Surprise, surprise.  The glove snaps and rips apart.

BF laughs, "That's why there's 25!"

Did I really marry this guy of my own free will?

No comments:

Post a Comment