Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Slanted Drawers

TMF, "I know I'm not crazy, but I think the bathroom sink cabinets are shifting"
BF, "Let's take a look."

TMF, "See how the drawers are slanting together?"
BF, "Hmmm...you're right."

After an adjustment, the cabinet drawers are perfectly aligned. 

After a few days, the drawers are slanted again.  I point out the issue.  BF hangs the bathroom cabinet with stronger wall anchors.

After a few more days, the drawers are slanted again. 

TMF, "Um, I think the drawers are moving again."
BF, "Are you kidding me?  Again?"

BF investigates and gives a long sigh.
TMF, "Did you figure it out?"
BF, "Yup.  The left side is attached to a stud, while the right side isn't."

TMF, "I know!  We can buy those IKEA legs!"
BF, "We might have to."

Unfortunately there are only two options
A)  GODMORGONLeg, round, stainless steel
Min. height: 16 1/8 "Max. height: 17 3/8 "

B) GODMORGONLeg, round, stainless steel

Min. height: 8 5/8 "Max. height: 9 7/8 "

At my request, BF hung the cabinet 12 inches from the floor.  The counter top sits at my waist level.  I detest low counter tops.  When applying eyeliner in the bathroom of our old town home rental,  I always felt as if I was a giantess hunching over the counter.  Also I wanted enough room to keep storage baskets underneath.

 
As of now, there is an out-of-place 2X4 holding up the cabinet.  I don't want to raise or lower the cabinet's height. 

I'm not sure how BF will solve the slanted cabinet issue, but I'm sure it'll look great.

No comments:

Post a Comment