Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Bigger Baseboards

BF,  "I found these baseboards at Lowe's.  They are in stock and inexpensive.  What do you think?"
TMF, "Hmmm..."

BF, "Well?"
TMF, "I don't like them."

BF, "Why not?"
TMF, "I like bigger baseboards."

BF, "Bigger as in wider?"
TMF, with lots of hand gesturing, "Yeah, as in wider, higher, taller.  You know, bigger."
Fortunately BF found a way to make me happy and not return the cumbersomely* long baseboards.  We decided to use the smaller, short baseboards as trim around windows. 
 The process of installing baseboards takes longer than I would have thought.  I think there's something about with a miter saw and 90 degree angles. 

I may have upset BF even more with another request.

TMF, "Are you painting the baseboards with flat paint?"
BF, "Yes, why?"
TMF, "I would really like the living/dining room's baseboards to be painted with semi-gloss or satin paint."
BF gives me a long look.

*I love using the word "cumbersome."  It's such a fun word, but it sounds very formal.  My 10th grade chemistry teacher said it all the time.  It's stuck with me ever since. 

No comments:

Post a Comment