Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Billy Goat Surprise

There aren't many tasks in which I can help BF.  Most renovation tasks require skill, knowledge and manual labor, none of which I possess.

BF knows I desperately want to contribute, so he finds ways I can help.  After work one night, he asked me to come outside because he had a "surprise."

BF, "Close your eyes."
TMF, "Really?  I hate surprises."
BF, "Okay, you can open your eyes.  Look!"
TMF, "Um...What is it?"

In the truck bed, there's a machine that looks like a lawn mower, but I can tell it's slightly different.


BF, "It's a brush cutter!"  I stare blankly at him.
TMF, "You want ME to use THAT thing?"
BF, "Yeah!  You can cut down all those crazy bushes and small annoying trees.  Aren't you excited?"

No, I'm not excited.  Big, loud and complicated machines scare me.  I have horrible hand-eye coordination.  Yes, I fall into the typical stereotype of a bad Asian/woman driver.  It's something I have accepted over time.  In other words, operating unfamiliar equipment frightens me.

This is me before using the Billy Goat.  See how I look happy and optimistic?

But...as I looked at the brush cutter, I noticed there was a picture of the Billy Goat.  I thought the logo was cute, so I said I would "try."

Darn thing won't start!  Or is it me?
By now, you probably figured out "trying" means I use the machine for a few seconds and say, "Okay, I'm done!"

Whoa, this thing is loud and scary!
You also probably figured out BF finishes most of the tasks he assigns me.
There he goes again, finishing what I started.


Those bushes had it coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment