Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Punched in the Stomach


I’ve been punched in the stomach by a plastic wheelbarrow.  I blame it on my own laziness. 


I helped BF by removing discarded drywall and other debris around the master bathroom.  Instead of going all the way around the backyard to get to the dumpster, I created a shortcut using the side sliding door.

As you can see from the picture below, there’s a slight drop from the interior floor to the exterior ground.  I tried to slowly ease the wheelbarrow out and then…
BAM!  I was punched in the stomach by wheelbarrow.  Oomph! 


Did you know dirt, concrete and drywall are heavy?  In order to make fewer trips, I was even more lazy and packed in as much as possible.  Although I tried to slowly move the wheelbarrow, its weight quickly rolled forward and attacked me. 
 

The breath was knocked out of me and I staggered back as the wheelbarrow and its contents fell all over the ground.  Sigh.

*In case you’re wondering, the wheelbarrow punched me twice.  This was how I managed to snap the pictures. 

2 comments:

  1. "slight drop" That's a good foot and a half! These posts are great TMF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie! After I was punched in the stomach, I learned to just let the wheelbarrow gracefully fall to the ground.

      Delete