Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Jig Is Up


BF, “Do you see the jig I put in?”
TMF, “A what?”
BF, “A jig.”
 
TMF, "A WHAT?" BF is constantly telling me my hearing is becoming worse with age.
BF, "JIIIG."
TMF, “Oh...as in ‘the jig is up?”
BF sighs, “Yes.”
TMF, “So what am I looking at?”


BF gave a quick explanation of how a jig holds in place the pieces of wood.  Without the jig, he couldn’t have produced the new railings at a perfect 90-degree angle. 

The previous tenants said when they moved in, there weren’t any railings at all.  Yikes!  I assume they installed these railings themselves because they’re bad.   A small child or worse, a little beagle, could easily fall through.   Safety hazard!  Remember those images of children getting their heads stuck in between railings?  Nope, not these bad boys.

We plan to install drywall over the new railings.   I would have loved to have a contemporary glass or cable railing, but they’re very expensive.  Also, the drywall railing will be safer for future little BFs or little TMFs.  Again, I'm impressed with BF's handy skills.


TMF, “The jig is up!”

BF, “And gone!

I’m sorry if you haven’t seen History of the World, Part I.

No comments:

Post a Comment