Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Hot Tub Hate

As BF removed the master bedroom’s carpets, he discovered a lovely surprise.

The previous owners installed a hot tub in their master bedroom!  The next owners removed hot tub but left the big hole in the concrete floor.

Instead of filling in the hole before installing new carpet, they just left the hole.  Makes perfect sense, right?  Wrong.
View from afar
Don’t get me wrong, I like hot tubs.  I like hot tubs that are installed OUTSIDE the master bedroom. 

I do not like hot tubs located inside the master bedroom. 

I do not like the holes that are left behind after the hot tub is removed. 
[Insert Nancy Kerrigan’s voice circa 1994]
“Why?!?!?!"
Up Close and Too Personal


5 comments:

  1. Hey Tien, loving your blog and I was just telling Courtney how I love that you update on the regular.

    One question, how did you know there was a hot tub there if the previous owners removed it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brooke!

      Thanks for the compliments. I'm going to start following your blog too!

      To answer your question...The master bath currently doesn't have a shower or bathtub. The pipe located in the offensive hole is fitted for a bathtub and leads to outside the house. After deductive reasoning, the only possibility for this random pipe would be for a crazy hot tub.

      I'm still amazed how they decided to not fill in the hole before installing the carpet.

      Stay tuned for more stories on the crazy hot tub hole...

      Delete
  2. Sounds like some odd ducks lived there before you two bought it. Can't wait to see the end result! Maybe you can do a rather fantastic water feature in the master instead of the hot tub. Much classier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Odd ducks" is a nice way of putting it. I can't wait to see the end result too!

      It's too late for a water feature. B filled in the offensive hole with concrete. I'll keep your water suggestion in mind when it comes time for decorating.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete