Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

IKEA, How I Love and Strongly Dislike Thee

I love and strongly dislike IKEA. 
(sidenote:  I have been advised by my coworker, Friendy*, to carefully use the word “hate.”  I should save “hate” for Hitler; therefore I will use “strongly dislike” in hate’s place.)


I love IKEA’s designs for small spaces and their solutions to crazy architectural blunders.  I love their low prices and food café.  I love Smaland and their plush toys in the shapes of broccoli, carrots and beagles.  
 

I strongly dislike how they do not offer reasonable delivery options to Jacksonville, Florida.

I think a metropolitan city has made it to the big league when IKEA decides to open a retail store in their town.  We have to drive two hours to Orlando and then through the crazy Millennium Mall traffic to buy their products.

Sorry, this product is not for sale on our website.  Ugh. I strongly dislike reading those words.
You know how they say, “true friends help you move, pick you up from the airport, hold your hair back, etc?”  I think true friends will pick up IKEA items when they are coincidentally/conveniently traveling to Orlando or Atlanta. 

*Quick shout-out to my awesome coworker Friendy.  She receives full credit for naming the blog. Thanks Friendy!

No comments:

Post a Comment