Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

2x4 Lies

Did you know that 2X4 lumber pieces aren’t really measured at 2 inches by 4 inches?  They lied to us. 

They measure more closely at 1 1/2 by 3 3/4.  I asked BF why?  He guesses they (the collective "they") were lazy and rounded up. 
BF has an aunt who taught high school English in Gaffney, South Carolina.  Aunt Linda is famous for telling her students and misbehaving nephews,

“I carry a 2X4 in my purse and I'm not afraid to use it!” 
To this day I’m not sure whether it’s the truth or just a threat.  I guess it wouldn't have the same impact if she said,

"I have a 1 1/2 by 3 3/4 in my purse and I'm not afraid to use it!”

2 comments:

  1. Bahahahahaha! Love it! My Mom is awesome! She still throws that threat around at times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your mom is totally awesome. I hope she never stops threatening kids with the 2X4!

      Delete