Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2012

IKEA: Round #1


Back in December 2011, BF and I took our first shopping trip to IKEA.  Boy, we were in for a shock.


We learned IKEA keeps its prices and liability low by making their customers move the heavy stuff by themselves.  I burst out laughing when I saw the boxes that contained our Pax wardrobe frames.  

The boxes were taller than me!  Then they give you these tiny flatbed carts to maneuver through the European-style roundabout maze of fellow weekend shoppers.  

This was my first time physically breaking a sweat while pushing a shopping cart through a store.  Wide turns, many “I’m so sorry's,” and BF’s looks of death were given to make it to the finish line/cash register. 

It was a Tetris game to see how BF carefully positioned the precious IKEA items on the trailer and Blue’s truck bed.  Did I mention there were heavy thunderclouds viciously pushing their way towards the parking lot?  Did I mention I am completely hopeless when it comes to lifting furniture?  

Thanks to the kindness of a stranger, (A.K.A. fellow IKEA shopper and heavy lifter) all the items were carefully stowed in their correct positions and we were off to buy a plastic tarp.

I can’t wait to show you the IKEA items, but it’ll take a few more weeks before pictures appear. 

Sorry for the lack of real pictures.  During IKEA:  Round #1, I didn't think it was an appropriate time to snap pictures.  Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment