Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

To Slide or Not to Slide...

The question was whether to install a sliding or traditional door for the newly created second floor half bathroom. Because of the slanted ceilings, the half bathroom challenged BF on what type of door to use.

The traditional door’s height would force BF to install the door at a diagonal angle.  I think it looks strange to see a random door sticking out in the middle of the room. 

If we chose the traditional door, it would have to swing open to the outside.  It’s strange, but I have a strong aversion against bathroom doors opening towards the outside.   

I’m scared of accidentally opening the door while someone is sitting on the toilet.  Perhaps if the door swung in, the victim could grab the doorknob before seeing my shocked face?  I have issues. 
Our other option was to use these beautiful sliding doors.  They were another BF Craigslist buy.  
I am worried the glass panels may be too transparent.  The last thing I want to see is a guest sitting on the toilet.  Fortunately even with light shining straight through, the glass panels are opaque. 
After many lengthy minutes of arguing, I said, “I don’t care!  Whichever one will make things go faster.”
We went with the sliding doors.

No comments:

Post a Comment