Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Sinking Deals

BF and I love pulling into the Lowe’s parking lot and seeing the clearance racks located outside of the store’s entrance.
Before the home renovation project, most items were fairly useless because we were renters.  Since we bought our fixer-upper, we make a beeline from the car to the rack. 

A few weeks ago, we discussed the kitchen sink.  There was a dispute between topmount versus undermount.  I prefer undermount sinks because I’m lazy.  I like wiping up food debris directly into the sink.  Then the discussion moved to single versus double basin.

After a few minutes of arguing, I said, “I don’t care anymore!  Let’s pick whichever one is cheapest.”  Who knew a married couple could argue over something as simple as the kitchen sink?

Although the undermount sink I chose wasn’t the cheapest on the rack, it was still pretty darn cheap.  It was originally priced at $250, on sale at $155 and we paid the $40 clearance price.  Not too shabby! 

No comments:

Post a Comment