Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Spackle Pox


My walls have the Spackle pox.  The Spackle pox shouldn’t be confused with the chicken pox, small pox or any other infectious pockmark disease.
The previous tenants left an insane number of nails, staples and mysterious holes in the walls of every room.  In an effort to make the home look very nice, we are taking special care to prepare the walls before painting. 

This type of joint compound applies with a soft pink color and dries white. It reminds me of children's disappearing purple colored sunblock.


This is one of the few tasks I can complete without BF regretting the reasons why he married me.  Then again…

BF, “Um… when you Spackle the ceiling, can you be careful?”
TMF, “Huh?  What are you talking about?”
BF, “Some spots look like they’re dripping.”
TMF looong sigh, “Do you want me to stop?”
BF slowly and wisely backs away, ”No, no. You’re doing a good job!”
                                                                                            
Side note:  Did you know Spackle is a registered trademark of the Muralo Company?  I bet you were wondering why I capitalized the “S” in Spackle.  As I was typing this post, Microsoft Word pointed out my misspelling with the red underline.  I should refer to the product as “spackling paste,” but it doesn’t sound as fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment